cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2950T - Holing the mode button 10 sec.

buzzy00000
Level 1
Level 1

I am searching a way (if it's possible of course) to deactivate the possibility to hold down the "mode button". After 10 sec., the switch reboot and, the config is ignored (renamed).

Thank you

2 Replies 2

royalblues
Level 10
Level 10

i dont think its possible to disable the functionality of hold button. It is used for password recovery

If your intention is to disable the passpwrd recovery process if someone accidentally gets the console access, then you can use the no service password recovery option

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6350/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a008044cbc9.html

HTH, rate if it does

Narayan

Thank you for your fast answer.

Obviously, I don't want to disable the password recovery but, only the "hold mode button for 10 seconds" feature. I work in a large compagny with many branches. With this option, if someone hold the button on a switch in a far branch, I have no more way to connect to the equipement. I have any more option then to go on site or, send someone and, rename the config and vlan files in the flash. Wich can provide a down time quite long.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card