Upgrade Callmanager 4.1(3)sr4d to 5.x and IPCC Express Premium 4.0(5a) to ?

Unanswered Question
Jul 18th, 2007
User Badges:

My goal is to upgrade Cisco CallManager from 4.1(3)sr4d to version 5.x. Unfortunately, we also have IPCC Express Premium in the picture currently at version 4.0(5a). There is a clear upgrade path for CallManager but nothing for IPCC Express Premium. Has anyone else actually performed this? What path will I need to take? What will be lost through the upgrade (Ie. historical IPCC data, call flow scripts etc...?) What additional licensing will I have to purchase if I have SASU contracts on everything? Will it be too hard to throw HA into the picture as well? I understand that there will be hardware changes and I'm not really asking about that portion... just the software and licensing.

The licensing (surprises) and hassle of upgrade and nickel and diming really makes Asterisk look good! Will I need a license to post this question? ;-)

Seriously, I understand that this could be quite an indebth answer. Thank you in advance for your response and I do rate helpful posts...

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Chris Deren Wed, 07/18/2007 - 14:01
User Badges:
  • Super Silver, 17500 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,
  • Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 IP Telephony, Contact Center, Unified Communications

You have to install the application from scratch, and manually duplicate the configuration.

There is no HA available in version 4.5, but version 5.0 which I belive is already out (or any day now) re-introduced HA.

SASU will cover the upgrade, go to cisco.com/upgrade reference your contract numbers and you will be able to order the media.

HTH,

Chris

walteryork Thu, 08/02/2007 - 12:27
User Badges:

Can I upgrade IPCC from 4.0 to 4.5 without loosing historical data?

Actions

This Discussion