cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3845 and envmon SNMP traps

michaelfoote
Level 1
Level 1

I have been running 2 3845s on 12.4(8) for about a year and I have had 2 power supplies fail in that time. I am trying to get SNMP configured so that I can get traps if there are any additional power supply failures.

I have "snmp-server enable traps envmon" configured along with several other trap types. I receive traps for all other events but nothing when I unplug or turn off one of the 2 power supplies.

Is there an environmental monitor process that needs to be enabled on the 3845 to generate these traps?

2 Replies 2

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The 3845 running 12.4(8) does not support the ciscoEnvMonSuppStatusChangeNotif trap. It only supports the ciscoEnvMonRedundantSupplyNotification trap. The description of this trap says it will only be sent if the RPS fails which may not be the case when you simply unplug the RPS.

What are the values of ciscoEnvMonSupplyState and ciscoEnvMonEnableRedundantSupplyNotification when the RPS is unplugged?

Thanks for the prompt reply. This answers the questions that arose while testing the SNMP functionality.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: