cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Help with Weather Ip Service

tdlogan01
Level 1
Level 1

Looking for help on creating a new IP Service for weather. I have tried putting in the berbee link that is free, and get the requesting but then times out to host not found. Have tried using the cisco weatherzipinput.asp, but think it is old and not sure on how to edit the file to make it work. If anyone can pass along how they are set up would be great. Maybe send me an example of what is needed to me via email. tdlogan@verizon.net.

6 Replies 6

I experienced the same error with the Berbee script the first time I loaded it up. The problem I was having was with authentication to the internet. Once I authenticated the CallManager publisher to the internet it began working. Berbee has a program that will authenticate your server to the internet if it's necessary.

This may be your problem if your CallManager is behind a proxy requiring authentication for Internet access.

I am not sure why this is not working. I am not behind any proxy I can ping the berbee site by name and ip address. i past the link in the url and just say requesting and then times out.

walteryork
Level 1
Level 1

This could be a DNS thing. I have only configured the hosts file on CallManager instead of DNS for security purposes. Try using the IP for the Berbee link and see if that helps or consider using DNS.

Does anyone have a link where I might be able to download the Berbee version of this? The SDK version has recently become useless as the websites where the info was being pulled from no longer provide such services, and I'm not savvy enough to write a new script for other websites.

Thank in advance.

Try weather service in PhoneTop Messenger. It pushes out local weather alerts to IP phone and email groups.

I don't know what PhoneTop Messenger is, besides, the only person who wants the service to work is my manager, and he wants to be able to look up weather for various locations from his phone (I don't know why he can't just go on the internet like the rest of us do).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: