cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

dyamic and static IPs allowed by single virtual-template

reachonenetadm
Level 1
Level 1

I'm setting some PPPoA pvcs and I'd like to permit customers to configure their CPEs for either static or dynamic IP addresses. All the "customers" in this scenario are part of the same company with centralized IP mgmt, so there's no need to enforce IP allocation methods. Some sites will want static IPs and others won't need them. Here's my 7206VXR config:

interface Loopback101

ip address 10.180.1.254 255.255.255.255 end

interface ATM1/0.1396 point-to-point

pvc 1/396

encapsulation aal5mux ppp Virtual-Template2

interface Virtual-Template2

description test template

ip vrf forwarding TestCo

ip unnumbered Loopback101

no ip redirects

no ip unreachables

no logging event link-status

peer default ip address pool TestCo

end

ip local pool TestCo 10.180.1.1 10.180.1.20

Unfortunately when there's a pool configured in the template, an IP is assigned from the pool regardless of how the CPE is configured. In addition, all CPEs are Actiontec GT701s, which don't provide much debug info. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Chris

2 Replies 2

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

what would be issue for you guys to just use another VT? It seems to me you are individually configuring each pvc anyway, as opposed to using ranges, for example.

I had already defined a new template for this purpose. At first it seemed as if dynamic and static CPE configurations were mutually exclusive but, after letting it sit for a few days, it is working fine. I'm not sure what, if anything, had changed but it's working now. Thanks anyway..

Cheers

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco