cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Changing Fabric name in Fabric Manager

troy.miller
Level 1
Level 1

How do you change the name of the Fabric in the Logical Domains section of Fabric Manager?

3 Replies 3

stephen2615
Level 3
Level 3

I spent a good deal of time trying to work that one out. It seems to choose the name of the principal switch and I could not work out how to change the name to something more appealing. At least you can name VSAN's anything you like within reason.

Stephen

This is also something I'd be interested in seeing. I've got one fabric named correctly, the other after a switch dump took the name of a middle tier 9216i and won't switch back, despite the fact that I changed the principal priority on the 9509 to 1 and then made it the principal with a disruptive(nondisruptive didn't work either).

Cisco documentation is woefully inadequate in certain areas....Also, the error of fabric merge failed, "member mismatch" comes to mind.

To change the Fabric name follow the steps below;

1. Open up Fabric Manager.

2. Click on Server from the top menu.

3. Select Admin. This will open a small window.

4. Select the Fabrics tab. Double click the Fabric Name and change it to the desired name.

5. Click on another tab. After clicking on another Tab the "Apply" button will now be available.

6. Click Apply.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: