Helpful
Replies

Logical Partition in 7936 Ip Phone

dumble4me
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am having 7936 conference station.

Here we can not mix VOIP with PSTN. So we will be having dual line phones configured in separate partitions and separate Calling Search spaces in most of our customer sites. They are not able to transfer or conference between VOIP and PSTN.

Since 7936 Phone is a single line phone , I am forced to put two 7936 phones in each of my conference rooms, each in separate partitions.

Is there anyway so that I can use only one phone accessible to both PSTN and VOIP, but without voilating the law.

Thanks,

Pete

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I am sorry, but what law are you referring to? What country?

I am completely lost with your design for seperating PSTN from VoIP?

What would you do that?

Please explain!

Chris

Hi,

In India, we can not mix PSTN and VOIP. That means no VOIP calls can not be terminated on any PSTN lines.

So normally what we would do is, in the dual line phones such as 7940, two lines will be configured in two separate paritions with two different Calling Search spaces, so that one line will not have access to another line, so that transfer or conferencing between these lines will not happen.

So my problem is like, since 7936 phones are having only 1 lines, we have to put two phones in each conference rooms configured in two differecnt partitions. So for VOIP calls they will us one phone and for PSTN they will use another.

Thanks,

Pete

Oh, I see.

Perhaps you can resolve the inboud issue with using translation patterns, so for example your 7936 DN is 1001 in phone_PT, create 2 TPs 1001 in voip_PT and 1001 in PSTN_PT, both will translate to the 1001 phone_PT, the PSTN_PT will be listed in the PSTN CSSes and the voip_PT in voip_CSS.

For outboud calls you can use different access code from that phone, or implement FAC.

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: