ip address 10.1.2.1 255.255.255.0

no ip route-cache cef

no ip route-cache

!

ssid clust

authentication open

guest-mode

!

speed basic-1.0 basic-2.0 basic-5.5 6.0 9.0 basic-11.0 12.0 18.0 24.0 36.0 48.0 54.0

station-role root

And the DHCP server looks like this:

ip dhcp pool WLAN

network 10.1.2.0 255.255.255.0

default-router 10.1.2.1

dns-server XXX XXX

A wireless client can connect just fine to the radio and gets an IP address from the pool but can not access the internet or resources on other VLANS. The wireless devices should be in their own subnet.

Do I have to configure bridging?

Thanks for any help or examples.

Marc

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

scottmac
Level 10
Level 10

Can hosts on the other VLANs talk to each other (i.e., VLAN-to-VLAN)?

Can the other hosts get out to the Internet ok?

It would be helpful if you could post your (sanitized) config complete.

If you set up inter-vlan bridging, then it's pretty much the same as having no VLANs at all .. VLANs are to separate broadcast domains, bridges connect / join / merge broadcast domains.

It sounds like a routing or addressing thing. OR you may need to associate the Wireless bridge group with one of the routed interfaces.

You may also have a GUI at your disposal for configuration ... try aiming a browser at the router and see options come up.

Post your configs.

Good Luck

Scott

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

marc.lehner
Level 1
Level 1

Could somebody copy their configuration without VLANs for a HWIC-AP?

scottmac
Level 10
Level 10

Can hosts on the other VLANs talk to each other (i.e., VLAN-to-VLAN)?

Can the other hosts get out to the Internet ok?

It would be helpful if you could post your (sanitized) config complete.

If you set up inter-vlan bridging, then it's pretty much the same as having no VLANs at all .. VLANs are to separate broadcast domains, bridges connect / join / merge broadcast domains.

It sounds like a routing or addressing thing. OR you may need to associate the Wireless bridge group with one of the routed interfaces.

You may also have a GUI at your disposal for configuration ... try aiming a browser at the router and see options come up.

Post your configs.

Good Luck

Scott

Scott, thank you very much for responding.

Your questions prompted me get SDM to work. I upgraded to the 12.4(15)T IOS, got the wireless application in sdm to work and then realized my mistake! I had to specify "ip nat inside" on my dot11radio interface. Makes so much sense now. :)

Thanks again for the reply!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card