Unity connection has no response

Unanswered Question
Jul 18th, 2007

When I try to pull messages from my voice mail from my 7971 I get no response from unity connection. Additionally When I log in to Unity I get no ERRORS. Any guidance as things to check would be greatly appreciated.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
aghaznavi Tue, 07/24/2007 - 14:21

Reboot the Unity Server try this first.

In order to make sure Cisco Unity works correctly, use the enterprise manager on each Cisco Unity server in order to verify SQL connectivity. Do this in order to see if it can talk to the local and remote SQL databases and that the nodemanager service runs with the same domain administrator account on the two Cisco Unity servers.

Refer to Monitoring and Maintaining Cisco Unity Failover for more information on how to monitor Cisco Unity failover.

Note: The Cisco Unity Node Manager service periodically checks the status of the local and remote database and in particular the status of replication. A public Microsoft COM interface, SQLServer2, is used directly by the Node Manager, so the error code reported is a Microsoft SQL (COM) error on the attempt to connect. The Node Manager Micro traces Initialization (11) and Replication (17) attempt in order to provide further information bythe attempt to report the Microsoft error message for the error code. The interval at which this check is performed is held in the registry in key SQLReplicationCheckIntervalSec under HKLM\Software\Active Voice\AvCsNodeMgr\1.0. The default is 15 minutes, 900 seconds. Further information on the error code or error message comes from Microsoft.

Refer to these documents for more information:

Cisco Unity Troubleshooting Guide (With Microsoft Exchange), Release 4.0(2)

Cisco Unity Troubleshooting Guide (With Lotus Domino), Release 4.0(2)

Rob Huffman Tue, 07/24/2007 - 17:42

Hi Arthell,

I was working with someone who was having a very similar problem with 7970's running 8.2.2 firmware. Can you try changing the firmware version you are running.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Actions

This Discussion