cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can Aironet1200G which upgraded from 1200b convert to LWAP?

netcraftjason
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

My customer has some Aironet 1200G which were upgraded from Aironet 1200b (by replacing the 11b module in the back panel of the AP). So I would like to ask could these upgraded 1200 be converted to LWAP by using the Cisco Upgrade Tools? Thanks for helping!

Jason,

Best Regards

7 Replies 7

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Jason,

The 1200 Series can be upgraded to LWAPP with the G Radio model listed below;

Solution Requirements

Migration from autonomous access point mode to lightweight mode is possible on these Cisco Aironet access point platforms:

All 1130AG access points

All 1240 AG access points

For all IOS-based 1200 series modular access point (**1200/1220 Cisco IOS Software Upgrade, 1210 and 1230 AP) platforms, it depends on the radio:

if 802.11G, MP21G and MP31G are supported

if 802.11A, RM21A and RM22A are supported

The 1200 series access points can be upgraded with any combination of supported radios: G only, A only, or both G and A.

From this good doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps430/prod_technical_reference09186a00804fc3dc.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

N/A

Hi Rob,

OK, thanks for you help!

Is there anyway to tell via the CLI what type of Radio is installed in an AP?

I do a show version and show hardware and all I receive are the model numbers.

All responses will be rated. Thanks!

Nicholas Hood
Level 1
Level 1

N/A

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Paul,

This question comes up from time to time, here is a thread where NetPro ScottMac and myself try to tackle this issue;

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Wireless%20-%20Mobility&topic=General&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.1ddec289/2#selected_message

Hope this helps Paul!

Rob

Rob,

Many thanks for the link. We saw the compliance label for radio modules (AIR-MP21G-x-K9) and still got an error message from the Cisco Upgrade tool saying the Radio wasn't supported when the documentation clearly said it was.

I'll post the results from our TAC case when we resolve it.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card