Views
Helpful
Replies

Log reporting tool recommendations?

watcher60
Level 1
Level 1

All,

I've inherited a network with over 20 sites using PIX ver 6.X and 7.X as the border firewalls. All the VPN's between the sites are wide open and I need to lock them down. I have several months worth of syslogs. Can anyone recommend a tool that can report on the syslogs which ports are being used on which which VPN's? Preferably if they could analyze the syslog files.

thanks

4 Replies 4

mhellman
Level 7
Level 7

For a onetime effort like this, I would recommend putting the files on a unix/linux box and using find/grep/awk.

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

While I agree there are a lot of options out there (I have looked) I was asking for recommendations. What I really am looking for it ones that are able to present results on the IP ranges in the VPN config.

what I need is a tool that can identify matching IP's in the subnets used by the VPN ACL (ie 192.168.1.1 is part of the 192.168.1.0/24 range) I have a large amount of subnets carved up in various sub classes so searching for say 192.168.1 would not cut it. The nearest I found was managenegine's offering but it did not seem to work with all subnets.

many thanks

Hi,

I am posting this with a disclaimer that I am part of ManageEngine offerings.

I believe Firewall Analyzer has filters that supports IPRange/CIDR. Hence your requirement could be easily achievable with that.

May be http://forums.adventnet.com/viewforum.php?f=61

would help you further.

regards,

MSK

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: