Views
Helpful
Replies

IPM problem after changing ip address of source

umartin
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

after I change the ip address of a device, the ipm source will not be updated. DNS for the device is working well. How can I tell the ipm to update the address of the source?

UMartin

2 Replies 2

yjdabear
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What "Edit -> Change IP Address" does isn't explained very clearly in the online help, but maybe that's what Cisco has in mind rather than letting users edit the source's ip addr in "Edit -> Configuration":

"The Change IP Address window enables you to change an old IP address to a new IP address throughout the IPM database, if you have a DNS server.

Caution Changing an IP address changes every occurrence of that address in the IPM database, including historical statistics and source and target IP addresses, even if the target is an intermediate hop. Therefore, make sure you want to change every occurrence of the IP address in the IPM database before using this procedure.

When you change the IP address of a device, IPM performs two checks. IPM first checks whether the same IP address is used by another device in the IPM database. IPM also checks whether the new IP address is mapped to the same DNS entry as the old IP address."

Hi,

thank for your fast answer. I try it with "Edit->IP Address", but it doesn't work. The IP address will not changed in the sourece configuration window. When you try it again, I get an error message that an another task will do this change.

kind regards

UMartin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: