cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 4.2 Greeting Problem

cyoungblut
Level 1
Level 1

When I dial the voicemail number from a subscriber I have set up it connects to voicemail and on the status screen the state is "Taking Call" and the Details say "Subscriber Sign In" but I never hear anything on my phone then after about 30 or so seconds it drops. What am I missing? Seems like it is connecting to voicemail????

7 Replies 7

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

So when you press the Messages button, assuming Cisco IP phone, you do not hear the prompt from Unity, "Enter your password"? Or do you hear this prompt, enter password, and then don't hear anything? If this is happening just for this one subscriber, I would recommend delete/recreate. Make sure the subscriber enrolls and records a spoken name. Let us know back.

Ginger

This is a new install - this is the first subscriber I have set up. I am going throught the Unity Integration Guide. I am able to call this directory number and leave a message - that works ok. But when (from that phone & number) I try to dial the voicemail box (5000 - pilot) or hit the messages button, I connect to voicemail and get nothing. On the Unity status I see the port become active but that is it.

It acts as if Unity is not receiving enough information from my phone, or it doesn't know how to handle the information it is getting.

Hi -

You'll want to look at your CallManager trace information, on the Publisher or Subscriber server where your IP phone is registered. Press the Messages button and view the trace information to see what digits and calling number information is showing up. Also, I would run Call Viewer on the Unity server as you are doing this or Port Status monitor, which shows more detail on the number Unity sees coming in. Make sure your IP phone has the right Calling Search Space to be able to dial the Unity hunt list. Ginger

Ginger - I ran call viewer and it shows the time of the call,origin (internal), reason (direct), trunk id (0), port Id (1), dialed number (5000, this is the pilot number), calling number (1030, my directory number), and forwarding station is blank.

So it seems that Unity is receiving my DN which I was afraid it wasn't...

Hi -

Can you reach the Unity pilot number prefix+5000 from an external, non-IP, phone? You should be able to hear Unity's Opening greeting. What happens when you make this call? You can also check in the Unity SA to make sure the Opening Greeting has a recording.

Ginger

I found that I can reach the pilot successfully from a 7970 phone that is on load SCCP70.8-2-1s but not from a 7970 that is on SCCP70.8-2-2SR4S. So it looks like it is related to the phone load. I installed the new phone load a few weeks ago - not sure why the one 7970 phone has not updated to the new one (although it is the only one that works).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: