cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPCC MusicOnHold with option to VM

joannemarie
Level 1
Level 1

I am developing a script that while the user is queued will ask the user to press 2 at any time to leave a vm.

Music will be then be played and if they press 2 while it is playing they will be sent to vm.

I tried using a menu, but it will play the entire wav file and not hit the user input timeout of 60 seconds.

I also tried using the GetDigits function and it does the same thing..plays the entire prompt.

Anybody have any ideas? I don't want to have to edit the wav file.

4 Replies 4

j.huizinga
Level 6
Level 6

Hi,

I have tried the same but this doesn't work like that. When a prompt is playing you can only interupt it when an agent becomes free.

My solution for a customer was to use several prompts with different lenghts, so after a prompt I can ask " sorry for waiting so long blah blah when you want to leave a message press 9"

My customer was OK with this.

Jan

You can do this if you use "Play Media" step to play MOH instead of putting the call on Hold/Unhold. This way the prompt (music) will be played from the CRS server instead of using CM MOH and you will be able to collect digits.

HTH,

Chris

I do not see a 'Play Media' step. Do you mean play prompt?

Sorry for late reply, yes that's what I ment.

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: