Can any one help me for the following issue.
The issue is
1. I have 2 Layer 3 Cisco3560 -24 port switch.
2. In each switch 3 vlans are configured as VLAN10,VLAN20 and VLAN30 with the vlan interface IP address,.
3. Example in primary L3 switch 10.10.10.1/24 as the VLAN10 interface IP,220.127.116.11/24 for interface VLAN20 and 18.104.22.168/24 for interface VLAN30
4.Same as in the secondary L3 switch 10.10.10.2/24 for VLAN 10,22.214.171.124/24 for VLAN20 and 126.96.36.199/24 for VLAN 30.
4. Both switches port 23 and 24 bundled and truked (allowed all VLANs)
5.Behind the each L3 switch there is a L2 switch,in wach L2 switch all VLAN 10,VLAN20 and VLAN 30 are configured ,5 ports for each VLAN assigned.These two L2 switches are Linksys 48 port switch.
6.The first L2 switch 47 and 48 ports are bundled and truked with primary L3 switch with the port 21 and 22.
7.The second L2 switch 47 and 48 ports are bundled and tunked with secondary L3 switch with ports 21 and 22.
8.These two L2 switches are trunked using the ports 45 and 46,trunks are carrying all the VLANs.
9.In both the L3 switch stand by virtula IP addres are configure.For VLAN 10 10.10.10.254 is the stand by Ip,for VLAN 20 the 188.8.131.52 is the stand by virtual IP add,for VLAN 30 the 184.108.40.206 is the stand by IP add.(IP address are the sample,not same as in the config file)
10. I have 3 servers,each server connected to each vlan,each server has two NIC card configured as ACTIVE and PASSIVE,the gateway for each server is X.X.X.254 for respective VLAN's stand by virtual IP address.
11. now while verifying the connectivity between VLANs using the standby virtual IP ,Server belongs to VLAN 10 can only ping with in the VLAN 10 only,not able to ping the other VLAN 20 and VLAN 30 using the 10.10.10.254 standby IP .Means the standby virtual IP is not effect.
12.But from the primary L3 switch I am able to ping the all VLANS interfaces both Primary L3 and Secondary L3and vise -versa.
Please help me to resolve the issue.
Thanks and Regards,