cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Blocking Certain numbers from calling my company

dvanzee
Level 2
Level 2

Does anyone know if it's possible to block certain numbers from calling into my company? Is there a way to block phone numbers?

6 Replies 6

Jim Douglas
Level 1
Level 1

If you are using MCGP, you cannot block numbers coming in. We had this same issue a few weeks ago and cannot do anything about it.

However, if you are using H.323, it is possible - Unfortunately, I do not know how to configure it.

Sorry - MGCP - my fingers got ahead of my thoughts.

I just did a little research and it appears that you can block numbers by creating a route pattern on the number and say "Block this pattern" Can someone comment on this?

Your Route Patterns that are setup to "Block This Pattern" will block outgoing calls from your company.

I have seen this response in the past as well, but it does not work this way. Route Pattern never does a match using the Calling Number. It only does a match using the Called Number, therefore you cannot block the call using Calling party number on CCM.

Only way to block a call using Calling Number is to use a H323 Gateway, where you can use a Calling Number as a match option.

Hope this helps

jbarcena
Level 9
Level 9

As already said you can ONLY block incoming calls per calling number using H.323, take a look to the following document:

http://www.ciscotaccc.com/kaidara-advisor/voice/showcase?case=K15182736

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: