Views
Helpful
Replies

Quick Question on Call Manager CTI Ports

Jim Douglas
Level 1
Level 1

I am using CCM 4.1

We have been using CTI Ports for virtual extensions and now there is a need to add 50-75 more of these ports.

Does anyone know if there is any limit to the number of CTI Ports I can add? I just don't know if it is based on licenses or anything else. My initial thought is that there is no limit to the number I can add. Is this correct?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

thomas1
Level 2
Level 2

When you purchased Call Manager originally, the max number of devices was determined based on the server horsepower. For example, we have three call manager servers that can handle 7500 users each (I think they are 7845's purchased this summmer)...however we plan to load balance these to never have more than 5000 devices for the entire cluster. Our original Call Manager could only handle 2500 devices each...I think it was the 7835 bought in 2003.

You should be able to add all of those CTI ports assuming you aren't at a max on number of devices already. We have over three hundred CTI ports (most are IVR ports).

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

thomas1
Level 2
Level 2

When you purchased Call Manager originally, the max number of devices was determined based on the server horsepower. For example, we have three call manager servers that can handle 7500 users each (I think they are 7845's purchased this summmer)...however we plan to load balance these to never have more than 5000 devices for the entire cluster. Our original Call Manager could only handle 2500 devices each...I think it was the 7835 bought in 2003.

You should be able to add all of those CTI ports assuming you aren't at a max on number of devices already. We have over three hundred CTI ports (most are IVR ports).

Thanks for your help.