cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

new site, phone "verifying load" 7961

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I have a phone that i am turning up the network on to get running and the phones are stuck in verifying load. If I unplug the network cable, wait, then plug it back in, the phone then registers and I can make calls, but the "verifying load" keeps coming back.

any tips?

3 Replies 3

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

Hi Tom,

Which is the current version the phone has and what is the version that it is supposed to have in TFTP.

CCM TFTP is in remote location?

If it is a phone load upgrade problem that cannot take place u may setup a temp TFTP in remote site.

Only 1 phone or all 7961?

HTH

After about 15 minutes, it finally came up. It seems ok now after it verifies forverver. Does not seem to repeat the process

Thanks

Hey Tommer,

This is really common. The 7941/7961's take forever to register when you first install them. When we are rolling them out, we do them in bunches of 4 or 5 per person at a time. So install number 1 move to 2,3,4,5 and by the time number 5 is deployed number 1 is up and running. If you have the patience to stand there and watch it go through the whole boot process you will probably see that it does a "Updating Software" for a good portion of time.

If you are just rolling out a couple here and there, I always fire them up before hand so I don't have to stand at the users desk for 15 minutes looking like an idiot ( well, like more of an idiot than I already do :)

Take care,

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: