Views
Helpful
Replies

SNMP Configuration

vijaykumargowda
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

is there any way wherein i can send to the SNMP server, the access-list information, Contact Informatio etc....the configuration needs to be done in CatOS.

Regards,

Vijay

Regards

3 Replies 3

dirtymunke
Level 1
Level 1

I back up my switch configurations nightly using a programming language called expect. it logs into the switch and sends the set of commands that send the running config to a file located on my tftp server. For snmp info like contact information, I wrote a perl script that polls my switches nightly and generates an html document that gets posted to an internal website.

That is the hard, time consuming way to do it. Products like Cisco Works and Cisco Network Assistant can be set up to do this as well.

is there any way other wherein i can do it in catos.

This is a list of the MIBs that are supported by most network enabled (if not all). you can poll devices using these to get the info you are looking for. These are the same for IOS and CatOS

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/SNMP/do/BrowseOID.do?local=en&translate=Translate&objectInput=1.3.6.1.2.1.1

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: