cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLANS to different 4400 WLCs

wwilkinson
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to understand if it is possible to terminate different WLANs (SSIDs) on a corporate network to different WLCs. Let me elaborate: I have a load of APs across a number of floors in a building, and want to deploy different SSIDs, each with different Authentication methods (which is no problem). What I then want to do is tunnel the corporate SSIDs (WLANs) to WLCs on the inside of the network, whilst terminating the open guest SSIDs on an WLC in the DMZ (across a firewall). The firewall will be opened to LWAPP traffic etc.

Is there a way of having different SSIDs from the same AP terminate on different WLCs across on either side of a firewall?

2 Replies 2

ericgarnel
Level 7
Level 7

The AP will associate to only 1 controller at a time. It can have back up WLCs (secondary & tertiary).

There are some options you can do, such as an lwapp tunnel to a 3rd WLC that dumps out into the DMZ + various infrastructure designs.

j.metzger
Level 1
Level 1

Do a search on mobility anchor in the controller documentation and that will give you what you want to do.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: