CCNP Studys after CCNA has expired

Unanswered Question
Jul 19th, 2007

My CCNA expires on 22nd July and I have been studying for the CCNP (BSCI) exam and failed by a few points yesterday. I want to continue on with the CCNP study and pass my BSCI before resitting my CCNA.

Can I do that? I understand that the BSCI is NOT recongnised until I pass my CCNA again but I really want to do it as I have the BSCI exam 95% studied for.

Can someone please advise what the official standance on this is as I can't seem to find any information anywhere on it.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
mohammedmahmoud Thu, 07/19/2007 - 22:46

Hi,

You can go for the BSCI first before renewing your CCNA, but at the end to have a valid CCNP you'll have to have a valid CCNA.

HTH,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

chuckrenner Sat, 07/21/2007 - 05:19

I'm pretty darn sure that I have the answer to this question!

According to http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/learning_about_recertication.html, you don't have a problem, as long as you act quickly!

Passing your BSCI (642-901) exam would meet the requirements for recertifying you as a CCNA!

I would just say to you to finish your BSCI studies, and pass the BSCI exam. Since it is a professional level (642) exam, it should meet the requirements to recertify you as a CCNA.

ONE HUGE CATCH! You MUST pass the 642 level exam (in your case, BSCI) BEFORE your CCNA expires!!!! Any chance you can pass your BSCI today or tomorrow? If I were you, I would schedule your BSCI right now! You did say that you were 95% ready! CRAM! CRAM! CRAM! STUDY! STUDY! STUDY! TEST! TEST! TEST! :)

Get some lab time or a simulator and practice any weak areas in the little time that you have left! Also, get some legitimate practice questions from a reputable vendor and see where you need to improve. The clock is ticking!

Good luck!

Pavel Bykov Sun, 07/22/2007 - 03:17

Your BSCI will be recognized - All passed exams are recognized.

CCNA requirement is only for the complete certification. e.g. CCNP.

So you shouldn't worry, and finish studying for BSCI. If your CCNA will expire, don't worry. After completing BSCI and BCMSN, you can go for CCNA again. After these much harder exams you should pass CCNA with ease.

Actions

This Discussion