Views
Helpful
Replies

Incoming call from PSTN to SIP softphone X-lite using CME 4.1

alicicmirzet
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am using CME 4.1 with two IP phones running "skinny" protocol. I have also register X-lite sofftPhone as a SIP phone and I can make the calls between X-Lite and IP Phones and vica versa.

I can also call any PSTN number from X-lite soft Phone.

I have DID enabled and every thing works, for an exampe when I call my number 01xxxxxxx11 - extension 11 (on Cisco IP Phone) the coresponding phone rings, and when I call the extension 01xxxxxxx21 (also Cisco IP Phone) it also rings.

But when I call the number 01xxxxxxx55 - 55 is the extension on my X-lite SIP Phone, instead of it to ring, I have a ringing on my Cisco IP Phone with extension 11.

Can some one help, resolve this problem, so when I call the number from outside, my coresponding x-Lite SIP phone rings,

In the attachment there is my configration file,

Regards,

Alicic

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

use translation-profile to strip the non-did digits. this way you will don't need secondary for ephone-dn, either.

voice translation-profile stripdid

translate incoming 200

voice translation-profile 200

rule 1 /018902161/ //

voice port 0/0/0

translation-profile incoming stripdid

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Hi,

It worked this way fine, but if the number 018902161 should be used in any of the buttons on IP Phones, then there is a problem

Any how Thanx for reply, it is good, and I will rate is as 5.

I have also done it by registering SIP Phones with full numbers, so the calles were routed directly to the numbers,

Regrads,

Yes. You will find that when it comes to extension numbers, and full numbers, there are multiple ways to make things works.

Thanks for the nice rating and good luck!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: