cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VRF-Lite and Interface VLANs

william.caban
Level 5
Level 5

Is there a way to associate an 'interface Vlan' to a VRF?

I'm trying to define some VRFs instances to be able take several frame-relay serial interfaces and atm interfaces and route them over an interface VLAN. The issue is that I'm going to be having the same private network blocks on several of the frame-relay's and I can not mix them.

Any help and/or recommendations are welcomed.

3 Replies 3

jim.gillen
Level 1
Level 1

NAT?

cisco_lad2004
Level 5
Level 5

Hmmmm....

What are you planning to achieve?

I usually map each interface/vrf to a VLAN.

all VLANs are then trunked and then terminated into another device where they can be routed.

If your interfaces are overlapping, u need to separate them by using VRF (as u are doing).

is the plan to allow routing between this overlapping subnets ?

HTH

Sam

I must have been sleeping when I posted this one... I can not understand the question myself!!! This was back on July.

I was looking for a way to take multiple Frame-Relays from a client and delivering them over an Ethernet port on their central site. They were migrating out of FR to a mixed FR and MetroEthernet solution. They were wanting to receive each FR DLCI over a VLAN on their site.

After studying a little bit more their requirement, I realized it was more a solution for an L2VPN MPLS (l2 vfi) than anything else.

Anyway, after some time the client decided to move to a pure ME solution.

What would have you recommended for a case like this, if the client would have decided to stay with FR on most of their remotes and ME on their central site?

-W

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: