cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Active Directory on Unity Box not creating SMTP Address

rwamstutz
Level 1
Level 1

All, After we create a user account in the admin page in Unity 4.0, then have the user access their VM. When they do and prepare to leave their greeting, they hear the error "A system error occured..."

In the event view on the Server, there is the error:

"The Unity mailbox for the user with the alias - <Username> is unable to receive messages from outside callers because the mailbox does not seem to have an SMTP address written to the Cisco Unity database"

Sure enough the SMTP address isnt in the user account in AD.

If we manually input the SMTP address, it seems to work fine, but why is AD not putting the SMTP address in automatically?

3 Replies 3

ranpierce
Level 6
Level 6

Can I ask how exactly are you creating the user in AD and the SA? What are the steps that you are following?

rlp

We created the user in the Unity Adminitration page. And the Exchange mailbox and AD user account is created. Until yesterday we didnt have this problem, and nothing was changed.

I have seen this before, I had this same problem at my last job, however I do not have access to AD here.

If I remember it was a group policy change. If you look at at user in AD at all of the tabs you will find a checkbox regarding the stmp address. Take a look at that.

I am sorry that that is all I can offer at this point without a server to test with.

rlp