cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

BARS 3.5.6 backups - just one LARGE MCS.sti file..?

andy_vvc1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have recently moved the backup location of our Publisher data to a NAS storage area on our network.

I notice that there is only 1 file that gets backed up - MCS.sti

The file is BIG - (3.6GB). Is all the data required to recover the Publisher contained within this single file? The restore procedure seems to only mention this file - but I'm concerned that perhaps there should also be a few other files...?

Any thoughts appreciated :)

1 Reply 1

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Andy,

That is the baby you want to see! Here are some reference docs;

This procedure assumes that you have a good backup file (MCS.sti file) on a tape device or network directory.

From this older doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/prod_installation_guide09186a0080204011.html#wp122417

Backing Up and Restoring Cisco CallManager Release 3.3 (Using Cisco IP Telephony Applications Backup Utility, Version 3.5.6)

How do I restore the data?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Caution You must manually highlight the MCS.sti file to restore the data.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Caution For a successful recovery, make sure that the version of Cisco CallManager that is running on your system matches the last successful backup.

The Cisco IP Telephony Application Restore Utility allows you to recover all data, if you chose to back the data up through the backup utility. When you restore, you must provide the following information:

The location (server) where the archived MCS.sti file is stored

The data, the MCS.sti file, that you want restored

The server where you want the restore utility to send the restored data

By default, the MCS.sti file stores all data that was backed up from the target servers in the target list. When you restore data, you can restore only one application on one server at a time. For example, if you need to restore Cisco CallManager and CRA/CRS on a co-resident server, you must perform the procedure twice.

The restore utility copies the data that you want restored to a staging directory and then restores the extracted files to the chosen location. The restore utility also notifies the user when the restoration occurs.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/prod_installation_guide09186a008011b6db.html#85189

Hope this helps!

Rob