Views
Helpful
Replies

MPLS IP Interworking FR to VLAN?

william.caban
Level 5
Level 5

If I do Frame Relay to VLAN over L2TPV3 as the example in this document:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1829/products_feature_guide09186a00801b2407.html#wp1046329

Do I have to xconnect back to frame-relay to finish the circuit or can I use the "interface VLAN" somewhere else in the network and have the circuit to behave like a point-to-point even when in started as frame-relay.

Or the question might be better state as: If the client can have FR delivered on one side and Ethernet in the other?

Thanks,

-W

1 Reply 1

swaroop.potdar
Level 7
Level 7

When doing L2VPN interworking, the attachment circuits media type is different on both sides. If it is not then its a plain like-to-like L2VPN.

In your case also it will be like one end on ethernet and the other end on FR. The needed framing reconstruction is done by the egress PE.

HTH-Cheers,

Swaroop

PS: do go through the restrictions section of the appropriate interworking secnario to understand whether your setup meets the requirements.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: