cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 4.2 Unified with Lotus Domino

ignaritom
Level 1
Level 1

After nancy, help me to repair my SA Web problem.

I check the entries in the SQL database, and found ADDomain empty.

How restore this eintries ?

thanks

12 Replies 12

navinger
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I just looked at the ADDomain table on my Unity/Domino server, and it is empty too. Looks like that table is only needed for Unity/Exchange.

Is your system running OK? Sounds like you had a bumpy install or upgrade.

Nancy

hi,

my system running some weird, i think it is not integrated to the client?s domino, but i cant found if my doubt is correct.

the voice mail arrives to the Phone, but the lotus e-mail doesn?t

this is my first unification with domino, and i looked at for some guidelines and references between unity/exchance and unity/Domino

Hi,

If you can listen to voice messages via the phone, then Unity is indeed integrated with Domino.

If email messages are not being announced when you log on to a subscriber mailbox via the phone: open up the Unity System Administrator, browse to the Class of Service > Features page of the class of service (COS) that the subscriber is a member of, and make sure the "Text to Speech for E-Mail Messages" setting is checked. Here's more info on that setting:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00804439a9.html#wp1053807

Nancy

Hi.

I tried to add a new subscriber, (not imported from Lotus Domino), but I cant ?????

Something wrong ?

only have Imported option activated, the new option not

Hi,

That's expected behavior with Unity/Domino. You have to create the users in Domino first, and then import them into Unity.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00804439cd.html

When you create the users via the Domino Administrator, be sure to Register the people, which creates both a mail file and an ID file. Choosing to Add the person won't work because it won't create an ID file.

Nancy

hi.

I think....

i run ConfigMgr in the wrong way...

some problems with subscribers option remains.

If i run ConfigMgr with the (New Install Configuration)options, my three users : UnityInstall, UnityAdmin, Unitysvc go away?

Hi,

I've never tested that, but I doubt if ConfigMgr deletes those accounts because you create them. Seems like ConfigMgr would only delete objects that Unity creates during installation.

Can you explain more about what problems you're running into?

Nancy

hi.

first time i go into SAWab, the subscriber option gave me the SaWeb problem

I run configMgr first option (default), and work, i can import from Lotus database, but the cisco user dont create on Active Directory (Unity as Domain Controller)

the IP Phone doesnt conect to unity to rescue de voice message.

Then i ran configMgr Second option (all objects wil be erased).

I ran all wizard, and when i tried to go into SA Web, i got

Unrecognized error

hr=0x80080005 (Server execution failed\x0D\x0A)

Please see your Cisco Unity system administrator for more details.

I think i m go to reinstall the unity

Hi,

Unity/Domino does not create user accounts in Active Directory. Unity imports users from the Domino Directory. So that part is expected.

I have no clue as to your other problems. And I don't know exactly what happens when you run ConfigMgr a second time to erase all objects, but it can't be good. You might try running Message Store Config wizard again, but I don't know if that will help.

If that doesn't work, you might be better off uninstalling Unity and then reinstalling.

After uninstalling and rebooting, go into the Domino Administrator, and delete the Example Administrator and Unity Messaging accounts that were created during install. Also delete the all subscribers group, and the unaddressed messages group that Unity install creates. You might also want to uninstall Lotus Notes on the Unity server, and start that from scratch again. If Notes isn't configured properly, you'll have problems that are kind of hard to diagnose.

When you go to reinstall Unity, follow this portion of the Unity Install Guide very, very, carefully:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/installation/guide/domnofo/5xcuigdnofo060.html

It's hard to fix things afterwards if you don't set up things in Domino and Lotus Notes exactly right.

If you want to get more familiar with how Unity and Domino work together, there's a Domino chapter in the Unity Design Guide that's pretty good: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_implementation_design_guide_book09186a008022f63b.html

Also, there's a good Domino chapter in the "Cisco Unity Deployment and Solutions Guide" -- available on amazon.com.

Good luck.

Nancy

hi.

I reinstalled ok, and the original SAWeb problem back, but i runned dbWalker and saw my problem.

the EAdmin account havent DirectoryID and smtpAddress.

someone knows how can i repair this?.

ps the book is suuper...

but dont cover this issue.

Hi,

I think you've run into a documentation defect: CSCsj57016. And really, I think the Unity Install program should check for this. Sorry, I didn't recognize the symptoms you were reporting. Here's the release note enclosure for CSCsj57016, you'll need to do the Path 2:

Symptom:

Unity integrated with a Domino Mailstore might fail to create the default system mailboxes.

The Lotus Notes ID that Unity uses might not have permission to create the mailfile databases during the running of the Unity Mailstore configuration Wizard. The result will be that the 3 defaut accounts do get created in the names.nsf but each on will not have an associated mailbox:

Unity_

USBMS_

Eadmin

By having no mailbox, this may affect properties like directory ID which can yield Unity operational issues and/or DBWalker output failures of not having a valid directory ID or other critical system properties.

Conditions:

Seen in Domino 6.5.x and later software, may occur in previous versions.

Workaround:

Depending on if you ran the Mailstore configuration Wizard there are two paths:

PATH #1 - Prior to the First Run of Unity MailStore Configuration Wizard

1) On the Domino Partner Server - Open up Domino Administrator

2) Select the Configuration Tab

3) Under Server, select 'Current Server Document'

4) Select the 'Security Tab', then press Edit Server Button

5) Move to the 'Create databases & templates' and enter in 'UnityServers'

6) Press Save & Close

7) Continue with a normal Unity Install

PATH #2 - IF the Mailstore Configuration was run and the default accounts exist in the names.nsf without mailboxes.

1) Remove the default 3 accounts from the names.nsf.

2) Perform the above (PATH #1) steps, except replace step 7 with:

New Step #7(only to be performed if running path #2):

On the Unity Server, navigate via the CLI to the /commserver/configurationsetup directory

Run "setup /sync" while in that directory.

Once the sync completes, verify in the domino directory that the 3 default accounts exist with a mailbox on each.

*** NOTE - for security reasons, you can remove the UnityServers group from the security tab after the mailstore configuration runs, but if in the future if you need to upgrade, added new Unity server, etc. you will need to temporarily add back in the group until that future process has been completed. ***

hi.

On the domino side the UnityGroup and Unity Person have Manager permissions. on the ACL Admin4 and names UnityGroup has deleted access.

but cant create MAIL file for EAdmin

could not open names.nsf on Server CN=fccnotes/O=fcc

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: