Replies

Two FAX issues

twissam
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i have two cases:

1) When i am trying FAC with a FAX it does work it just gives a fast busy

2) When calling a number than a fax is on an extension it does not work, only when i call a direct fax it works.

i have CCM413 and H323 gateway.

VG224 is used in the first case (SCCP) and ATA is used for the second

Good day

3 Replies 3

sbilgi
Level 5
Level 5

Callmanager doesn't support this feature, and the workaround (Poor man's FACs using translation patterns) are too complex to bother implementing.

what do you mean exactly!!!

the FAC is not supported with FAX machines!!!

any way i am going to customer site tomorrow and i will check it.

i never saw any document saying so!!!

Good day

mohamedtag80
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Twissam ,

As mentioned ,it wont work with the Fax Machines ,When you enter the Number you wish to fax the Document to it , The Machine stores the Number and start Dialing the Number. It wont Prompt you with the FAC Beep Sound to Enter the FAC Code. And in your case it will try to dial the Fax Number and when the FAC is required to Authorize the Call it will return to you Fast Busy Tone Since the FAC Code will not be provided.

If you tried to enter the FAC Code after the Fax Number , The Fax Machine will Store the Whole Number as the Fax Number ( Will Dial the whole Number) you wish to reach and the Call wont Succeed.

I suggest that you use with the Fax Machines the Time Schedule Limitation to limit unauthorized Calls after working hours.

Regards

Please Rate the Post if it is helpfull.

M.Tag

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: