cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Will installing SR5b upgrade phone firmware?

mparekh
Level 3
Level 3

I wanted to know if I install the new service release 5b for CM 4.1(3)will this change the firmware of the phones? We are currently running a engineering special firmware on 7970s and do not want that to change when i install the serivce relase.

Thanks in advance.

3 Replies 3

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

If there was a device package that got released between the last rev and this one, yes, it would update the device package which is a mix of all newer phone firmware. Usually when u apply a SR, device pacakge is teh first thing that gets installed.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

How would I know what version of firmware this device package contains for the 7970 phones? I tried going through the readme for the SR and couldn;t find anything specifying what version the firmware would get upgraded to.

You can assign on all 7970 phones the existing firmware statically under each phone through BAT so that they dont updated firmware when the server boots back. Thats one way to fix this problem.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: