Multiple choice points

Unanswered Question
Jul 20th, 2007

Do you get points for correct answers on multiple choice questions? Let's say you got a multiple choice question with 4 correct answers and you only got 2 correct answers, for sure, you get wrong answer for the question, but are you getting points on the rights answers?

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
scottmac Fri, 07/20/2007 - 15:58

Only Cisco knows for sure.

I'd bet a shiney new dime though that you get ZERO points for incorrect multiple choice.

When this was (sort of) discussed a year or two ago with Cisco people in the thread, the only place where "partial credit" was mentioned was the SIMs.

If you're being scored on X number of tasks for the sim, and you you do some, but not all, of the tasks, you *probably* will get partial credit.

Things could have changed, but I doubt it.

Summary: NO points for incorrect multiple choice questions (or drop-ins, or connect the boxes, etc) ... POSSIBLE partial credit for tasks completed correctly in the SIMs.

Good Luck

Scott

sundar.palaniappan Fri, 07/20/2007 - 16:33

I agree with Scott that no partial credit for multiple choice questions. I thought the same would be true for SIMs as well but it looks like you can get partial credit for tasks successfully completed within a SIM.

BTW Scott Congratulations for featuring on the 'Meet the Top Netpro' section. Well done!!

HTH

Sundar

chuckrenner Fri, 07/20/2007 - 17:20

According to my textbook for 640-801, Cisco Certified Network Associate Study Guide, by Richard Deal (published by McGraw Hill - 2003), you get ZERO (0) credit for a question that you do not get entirely right! This includes multiple choice questions with a fixed number of answers, multiple choice questions with a specified number of answers, simulation questions, and multi-part simlet questions!

I took my CCNA exam today, and I took my time and read every question throughly and carefully, to make sure I was answering correctly. This is ESPECIALLY important since you CANNOT go back to a previous question after you have moved on. I still had to watch the clock, but I finished with about 3 minutes to spare. I was well prepared, and scored 1000!

Just be as well prepared as you can. Make sure you throughly understand all your text, as well as any practice questions or quizes you may have. If you have a simulator like NetSim, or access to real Cisco equipment, use as much lab time as you can to experiment and learn as much as you can.

I prepared using all of the following:

* Real lab time with real Cisco switches and routers

* Simulation time in NetSim

* Thoroughly studying my text book.

* Using all the available practice quizes and test software I had, and reviewing carefully any weak areas. (The book I mentioned from McGraw Hill has a CD with 400 practice questions, 300 flash cards, and a copy of NetSim LE)

Practice, practice, practice on any areas where you are weak! Be prepared for any type of question on any topic covered on this page: http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/current_exams/640-801.html

If you are weak in area on that page, study that more!

Also, make sure you try all the practice questions on http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/PrepCenter?page=practice_questions and make sure you try the exam tutorial on http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/PrepCenter?page=BigSnippet.PrepCenter.PrepCenter_Exam_Interface_Tutorial before you take your test, so that you will be familiar with the presentation/format, and have some more practice with the types of questions that may be on the test!

Good luck!

milon12345 Sat, 07/21/2007 - 01:26

Can i have your e-mail address please. I need to clear some points it you have time. But i don't know how can i directly contact with you. Please reply me if you get this message.My e-mail add is milon03@hotmail.com.

thanks

Actions

This Discussion