Views
Helpful
Replies

2 digit caller input in Unity?

mhendren925
Level 1
Level 1

Hello....

Our Transportation Department would like us to setup a call handler in which parents can find out the status of bus routes for our district. They would like it so the parent would just have to punch in the 2 digit site number to get the information. Is this possible in Unity to have 2 digit caller input?? We're running Unity v4.2. Any and all help would be great. Thanks in advance.

1 Reply 1

navinger
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I think what you need to do is for each site number, create a call handler, and assign it a 2-digit extension. By default, the minimum extension length is 3 digits, so you'll need to change the following registry key to 2:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Active Voice\Doh\1.00\Minimum Handler AVP_DTMF_ACCESS_ID length

As always, please be very careful when editing the registry. That key also controls the minimum length of subscriber extensions. Even though Unity SA won't enforce it, you'll still want to keep subscriber extensions at least 3 digits so they don't interfere with private distribution list numbers when subscribers address messages via the TUI.

Now this is all just theory, I haven't tested any of this out. But I think it will work OK.

Nancy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: