cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

can i configure 1841 router as PE

noc
Level 1
Level 1

1)can i configure 1841 router as PE, if not then which series i can use as PE's.

2) can i use ACS server for authentication in MPLS.

3) Can anyone send me the sample configuration for DSL-MPLS for PE router and ACS commands to configure for Authentication of MPLS.

3 Replies 3

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi

To answer your first query i doubt the capability of a Cisco 1841 as a PE router which i dont think will be able to handle the kinda IGP/VPN Labels as well as VPNV4 routes by MPBGP session...

Better to look out for a higher end series starting from Cisco 3800 or above based on your requirement,number of clients getting connected on this PE etc.,

regds

Hi,

Ive tried this with an 1841 and its restricted with regards to LDP/VPNv4 functionality. As per above post, the 3800 series is the most cost effective solution for MPLS in the core. 3825 is base while the 3845 offers better PPS (500k vs 350k)and optional RPS.

Regards.

shivlu jain
Level 5
Level 5

hi

you can use 1841 as PE router for that you need the given IOS

c1841-spservicesk9-mz.123-14.YT1.bin

After that you can create Pseudowire and thn with the help of xconnect you can make to go to the core router.

pseudowire-class RUDHARPUR

encapsulation l2tpv3

ip local interface Loopback0

interface FastEthernet0/0.113

description ### XCONNECT TMF ###

encapsulation dot1Q 113

no snmp trap link-status

no cdp enable

xconnect 71.5.254.245 113 encapsulation l2tpv3 pw-class RUDHARPUR

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: