unihamidi Sun, 07/22/2007 - 05:26
User Badges:

is there any convertor or other thing

less expensive to support E1 for cat switches?

thank you.

deepinder Sun, 07/22/2007 - 05:44
User Badges:

There nothing that can be considered low cost for supporting E1/T1 on 6500. This is the only module supporting T1/E1. Though for voice E1/T1 there are other modules which are also very expensive like "Communication Media Module WS-SVC-CMM ", "WS-X6608-E1" & "WS-X6608-T1".

paolo bevilacqua Sun, 07/22/2007 - 06:31
User Badges:
  • Super Gold, 25000 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

    Founding Member


You should use a router for E1 circuits, not a switch. Current production, the smaller would be a 1841, older models, a 1720. In both cases, you need a WVIC-MFT-1E1

These are very cheap when bought used.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!


This Discussion