cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

802.1q between two facilites

john.summers
Level 1
Level 1

I have two sites connected with an E1. Is there any way to setup interavlan routing between the sites? They are connected with 2610's, which can be swapped out if needed

2 Replies 2

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Do you have a real need to carry vlans in bridging across the E1 ? Usually that is not recommended.

The normal setup is hence that you configure different subnets for each VLAn in each site. The routers will have subinterfaces on FA0/0 with the corresponding "encapsulation dot1q ". Then normal routing on the E1 (HDLC) and with static or dynamic routing.

Note that if you keep the 2610 for intervlan routing, do not expect wire-speedperformance when going from a vlan to another within the same site. There should be no performance issues when going across E1.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

purohit_810
Level 5
Level 5

Mean Do you want to create VLAN on WAN link.. I didn't get you question clearly.

But You have two vlan and if you would connect two sites by that link. You can do. By PPP multilink. That will give you also redundancy.

If you still have question.. please let me know on my email ID purohit_810@yahoo.com.

Regards,

Dharmesh Purohit

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card