Views
Helpful
Replies

Router reboot automatically

talat2good
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys

Today my Cisco router reboots automatically .I searched allot but did not found any reason.Following is the msg in sh version.When the router reboot no one was login to the router.

System returned to ROM by abort at PC 0xBFC01ED0

My config register value is 0x2102 so no change of break sequence of causing reboot.Any clue ?

6 Replies 6

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

typically, is a software crash. With patience, one could get to a specific reason or bug, however it is recommended that you upgrade to the latest maintenance releaseof the version you are running. Chances are it won't happen anymore.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Many thanks for your reply

My current IOS is c7200-adventerprisek9-mz.124-2.T5.bin

on 7206 VXR (NPE 400).Now which IOS do you recommend for upgrade

Regard

Talat

Actually you are already running the latest version of 12.4(2)T. At this point, to eliminate blind upgrades, either you go to the TAC to find what caused the crash, or do yourself using 'output interpreter'.

Since both things require a support contract, If you can't do the above, post here output of show stacks | begin Crashinfo

Hi

It does not show any thing

sh stacks | begin Crashinfo

sh stacks | begin ?

LINE Regular Expression

sh stacks | begin crashinfo

Then try show stacks alone.

Hi

At the moment is have changed the IOS of the router to c7200-jk9s-mz.123-21.bin.It was rebooting very frequently.So far since last 2 days its under observation and working normally.Let see

Thanks for all the help

Regard

Talat

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: