Views
Helpful
Replies

Simultaneous Logins in VPN Concentrator

platinum_jem
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

The documents indicate that the 'Simultaneous Logins' applies for a single 'Internal User' .

I have configured a User Group that utilises RADIUS as an authentication method. Was wondering whether the simultaneous login can be applied as well.

SO what i'm trying to do here is let user authenticate via RADIUS. I want to limit only 1 session per UserID at a time.

Any ideas ?

If it cannot be done , what are the workarounds available ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jem,

Correction,

If you set up group Simultaneous Login to '1' then all the user of the group will be able to login , (1 simultaneous login per UID).

Regards,

~JG

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Jagdeep Gambhir
Level 10
Level 10

If you are using Cisco Radius (ACS ) then it is very much possible.

Which radius you have ?

Regards,

~JG

Please rate if that helps

Using Microsoft IAS as my radius here.

Have tested the 'Simultaneous Logins' , it works even for radius authentication !

Just to make sure i understand correctly.

It only applies to a single UID right ?

Which means , if i set it to '1' , 2 Users cannot use the same userid to login at the same time , right ?

If i use 2 different userid , i should be able to go in at the same time right ?

There seems to be conflicting documentation regarding the function 'Simultaneous Login'

In the main documentation

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2284/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00803ee1f0.html

It says Number of Simultaneous Login for a single User

In the TAC KB

http://www.ciscotaccc.com/kaidara-advisor/security/showcase?case=K80154467

It seems like they are referring to number of simultaneous connection within that group.

So which is it ?

Hi Jem,

Actually you can set it up on both ,User and group basis.

Let says you set it to 1 on the User setup then only one session would be allowed for that UID.

And if you set it to 1 on Group, then only one session (one user of that group )would be allowed at a particular time. Rest user of that group would be denied.

Please rate helpful posts.

igambhir,

It seems strange.

The server dont seem to behave what you just described.

I've just configured my Group Simultaneous Login to '1' and its working perfectly as i wanted it (1 simultaneous login per UID).

Just to note, i am using RADIUS auth , so there's no User setup involved.

Am i missing something here ?

Hi Jem,

So you mean to say that other user for the same group is able to login ?

Regards

Jem,

Correction,

If you set up group Simultaneous Login to '1' then all the user of the group will be able to login , (1 simultaneous login per UID).

Regards,

~JG

Thanks my friend.

Thats the function i wanted. Allow only 1 simultaneous login per UID.

Thanks for your help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: