cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to change IP Address/Hostname of CRS server?

hoanghiep
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

I want to change the IPAddress of my CRS server and CCM server (CCM version 4.1(3), CRS version 4.0(5)) but I don't know how to do that. Could anyone give me some instructions on this?

(And, if possible, does the solution apply to CRS 4.5?)

Thanks very much!

hoanghiep

7 Replies 7

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello,

- CRS

-- hostname: bad news: this cannot be done. If you have SQL server installed, this just won't go. If you change the hostname anyway, then after rebooting the server the SQL server just won't start up. And you cannot even change it back to the original hostname, because it won't work either. So don't play with it.

-- IP address: no problem, just set the new IP address on the NIC configuration.

- CCM

-- hostname: change it using the standard Windows way. Then log into the CCM admin interface and change it there as well.

-- IP address: use the standard Windows way.

G.

Thanks,

By the way, Could I change the partner-CCM of the CRS server? (CRS server is working with CCM server 1, and now I want the CRS server to work with CCM server 2 (diffirent CCM Cluster)).

Again, many thanks,

Hoanghiep

Yes. I suppose by writing "partner-CCM" you mean the CTI manager and the LDAP repository of the CRS.

Use the /appadmin web interface of the CRS server.

- LDAP configuration: change IP addresses

- CTI: JTAPI subsystem> JTAPI provider: change IP addresses

Hi G,

Are you sure for the CRS ???

I think if you want to change the IP Address, you have to reinstall it from the CD and change the IP Address in the parameters because the IP Address is stored in many files used for the Cisco Agent Desktop, Cisco Administrator, LDAP ...

I will also check it

Thierry

Hi,

I found the information : it was stored in the Cisco CRS Administration Guide 4.0(X), search for "Updating CallManager IP address Information", Page 8-45.

They explain what you need to change.

If the CallManager IP address changes, update the following information:

? CRS LDAP Information (if CRS uses DCD)

? CallManager LDAP Information

? RmCm JTAPI Provider

? JTAPI Provider

It was for the previous version (3.X) that you needed to use the installation CD's. sorry ;)

Kind regards,

Thierry

Hello,

well yes, there is two things you need to worry about:

1. the LDAP repository IP address (~ CallManager)

2. the JTAPI provider IP address (~ CallManager)

Both may be (re)configured using the IPCCX web admin interface.

But again, I would strongly recommend to rerun setup if the hostname of the CRS server changes. I have no idea whether it is a bug or it is by design, but if you change the hostname, you will kill the MSDE/SQL server on the CRS, which is something you definitely don't want to do.

Yes, I tried it once, in our lab, and I was trying to troubleshoot it, without any success... Later I called a colleague at Cisco and he sort of confirmed it is the way it is supposed to behave...

G.

I think another good step would be to run postinstall.exe on the primary CRS server.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: