cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

configuring active/standby cable based failover

followurself
Level 1
Level 1

i got 2 525 pixes with 4 interfaces. 2 of which are fast ethernet and 2 are gigabit. the pix also have a the serial cable for cable-based-failover

my configuration will be using all 4 interfaces for data traffic.

i want to use ethernet1 for my management and monitoring traffic and also for configuring failover.

i dnt want this interface to be dedicated only for failover.I m not going to use lan based failover, as i said i have the cable to do the cable based failover..

can i get this working, where my ethernet 1 ip wil be used in cable based failover configuration and also for my data traffic

secondly,i will use no monitor interface command fr ethernet 1

i.e failover not to occur if that interface goes down

finally, i will also use same security interface inter command. all my 4 interfaces will use same security level.this is only not to configure static and global nat..i will be configuing access-list to allow the traffic and block whts not permitted..in this case wht i have to allow for failover traffic

thanks

2 Replies 2

Not applicable

Active/Standby failover lets you use a standby security appliance to take over the functionality of a failed unit. When the active unit fails, it changes to the standby state while the standby unit changes to the active state.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa72/configuration/guide/failover.html#wp1046889

purohit_810
Level 5
Level 5

failover link STATE Ethernet5

failover interface ip STATE {Ip address} 255.255.255.0 standby (IP ADDRESS)

Regards,

Dharmesh Purohti

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card