Views
Helpful
Replies

Service application development with Call manager express

parisatashakori
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everybody,

I just wanted to know is there anyway to push a message to ip phone when using Cisco call Manager express?

Thanks,

Parisa

11 Replies 11

msabir
Level 4
Level 4

Yes. You just use CiscoIPPhoneExecute.

Keep in mind that CME does not have built-in authentication, so you have to point out the authentication URL to an external service.

Hi,

thanks for your reply. I have not worked with CME but we have an application for CM and want to be abale to use it for CME customers as well. and therefore I need to ask some more questions:

-Can we edit authentication URL on phone? As i knew, Authentication url on CM is not editable from phone. It is set on enterprise parameters on Call manager administration. Is it possible to edit this value directly on phone in CME?

-If I redirect authentication url to my application, what should it return back?

Thanks,

Parisa

Since there is no built-in authentication service in CCM, there is no harm in changing the authentication URL from enterprise parameters. I am not sure in CME if you can change this URL for just one phone or do you have to change it from enterprise. We changed enterprise for our testing.

When you redirect Authentication URL, it just needs to return "AUTHORIZED" or "UN-AUTHORIZED". Here is the simple code in Java servlet for this:

response.addHeader("Content-Type", "text/html"); out.print("AUTHORIZED");

Hi,

It looks very straightforward but when I try it, phone still gives me authentication error.

phone uses my new authentication url which point to an application which has a component that simulates a tcp/ip server. It receives phones request which includes useris, password and Mac address. then I send 'AUTHORIZED' back to phone, however I get authorization error.

Is it timing issues?

I appreciate your feedbacks.

Thanks,

Parisa

What web server technology are you using, i.e asp, jsp, servlet, etc? I can give you sample code.

It's a third party component which I use it in my delphi program. I have events available when a request for connection comes from a remote host/when connection establishes/when a data is sent in and also can send data back.

However i sends just a text back and I need to build whole http text including headrs and content in code.

Make sure that "Content-Type" header is set to "text/html",

I am sending this http text back:

HTTP/1.0 200 OK

Content-Type: text/xml

Content-Length: 10

AUTHORIZED

Does it look ok?

Thanks,

parisa

Content-Type should be text/html (not text/xml)

Great! that was it.

Thank you.

Parisa

Great. Don't forget to rate this post :))

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: