cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

No ringback when calling out via Unity Express AA

IAN PERRY
Level 1
Level 1

I have setup a CUCME with CUE module with VOIP only dial-peers, there is no direct POTS connectivity.

When a call comes in via H.323 to the router, a SIP dial-peer connects it to the auto attendant on the CUE. This bit all works fine, when you choose the extension number dial option, that works and you enter the extension number it begins to dial, but no ringback is heard. The call connects and audio is two way, but never any ringback.

I have tried with and without specifically configuring an H323 dial-peer for incoming, and tried adding progress_ind setup enable 3 to the inbound H323 dial-peer and the outbound SIP dial-peer to no avail.

Versions are CUCME 4.2(0), CUE 2.3

Any ideas?

4 Replies 4

tstanik
Level 5
Level 5

I think you may need to configure "transfer-mode blind bye-also" on CUE.

We have actually resolved this through upgrading the IOS, now ringback is played out just fine.

Thanks anyway!

I have the same issue - when CUE is transferring calls, there is no ringback and when CUE retakes the call (no answer or busy, in a voicemail box) DTMF does not work. I am not sure this is an IOS issue, there must be another command that has to be set in CUE's ccn commands...

Any ideas?

Never mind! I fixed this by putting "dtmf-relay rtp-nte" instead of sip-notify... now everything works fine including incoming calls (kinda baffles me though).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: