cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CM 4.2.(3)sr1 and Active Directory Plugin

CSCO10203269
Level 1
Level 1

Before I attempt the AD plug-in installation, thought I'd search here for any gotchas or bugs. Came across a number of posts regarding going back to DCD from AD with no specific reasons for breaking the intergration; one actually recommends not doing it.

The only reason mgmt wants this is to give users access to the CM User & Unity PCA Web Pages via their AD userid & password.

Anyone know some of the reasons why people revert back to DCD?

Personally, I'm against doing this. Dealt with an integrated Unity/Exchange deployment in a previous life that left a BAD taste. I don't think single signon is a good enough reason to deal with potential AD headaches.

2 Replies 2

thomas1
Level 2
Level 2

I agree with your reasons for not wanting to travel down that road. I've never dealt with any of the AD plugin's and Call Manager, so I can't comment on it...other than being advised not doing it.

Like you, we had an integrated Unity/Exchange deployment and have moved away from it. Some users have complained about losing vm's in their email...but c'est la vie.

We created a seperate Forest for all our Unity and ICM servers. We established a trust between the "telephony" Forest and the corporate forest...then created a one way trust between the necessary domains. This allows our users to access the PCA web page and Unity Inbox using one set of credentials.

This doesn't solve the AD plugin question, unfortunately. Nonetheless, this idea might help the Unity part of your situation.

Thomas,

Thanks for the input. I'm always hesitant in muddying the waters with regards to voice, especially, when it's running perfectly fine. Knock on wood. I've been bit with even generally accepted components / practices like when the latest Security Agent for Unity prevented messages from being delivered.

I will definitely consider creating a separate Forest for Unity & CM.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: