Views
Helpful
Replies

Meet-Me code

user-cisco
Level 1
Level 1

hi

how to assign a code so that the participants in a meet me conf have to insert this code before they are allowed to join as a kind of authentication and privacy for the conference

otherwise any internal or external one can just dial the meet me number and join the conf?

thanks

12 Replies 12

user-cisco
Level 1
Level 1

guys any ideas please?

Meet Me is not secure, although I believe in CCM 6.0 it will be secure.

We use a Premiere global service for our secure conferencing. Meet Me is only used for general meetings.

There are other conferencing avenues, but Premiere global is by far the cheapest and is secure.

jhalenkamp, could u present a brief description on how did u apply Premiere solution in other words briefly what additional HW is required and how it gonna to be integrated with CCM

Well, you can start by going to Premiereglobal.com

From there I contacted an account rep and I recieve a 1-800 # for all users to use with an account code to gain access to the conference I wish to use. We have it designed by department to keep costs payable by that department.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi U-C,

This is as close as I can find without installing Cisco Meeting Place. This solution (paraphrased) is presented in Cisco Press book - Configuring Callmanager and Unity (A Step by Step Guide)

You can use a Unity Call Handler (with the same Extension as the Meet-Me DN)

Set up the Call Handler to do a Supervised Transfer to Ring the Meet-Me Conference.

Under the "Gather Caller Information" section of the Call Handler check "Confirm" and "Ask Callers Name"

When callers go through the Unity Call Handler they are asked to record their name, when the caller is forwarded to the Meet-Me Conference the name is played and conference participants are asked to Press 1 to accept the call or Press 2 to reject the call.

Hope this helps!

Rob

thanks Rob for ur response but this is still not secure i mean there is an interactive like functionality with callers but without authentication, right?

Hi U-C,

That is correct, it is not true Authentication it is really more of a "cost effective" workaround :) Just thought it might serve the purpose so I passed it along.

Take care,

Rob

Our cost's are pretty cheap for this type of conferencing.

Our rate is .10cents a minute per user.

That's cheap compared to others and this service also gives you access to web-conferencing/ Video conferencing. This type of conferencing is a huge asset and saves on travel expenses.

I hope this helps

is this configurable on a UC500?

just to add to the conversation, the only way to achieve something like you want is what Rob posted, that has been the WA since someone thought of this.

this is not implemented on any CUCM version and i have no information that this will be implemented in the future.

the "authentication" from CUCM 6 is based on the security profiles from the phones and whether the participants are using secured or encrypted connections but they are not prompted for a code.

the only way i know of doing this is using meetingplace which can be configured to ask for a pwd to join a conference bridge, but CUCM by itself does not provide this. the WA needs unity to work and it only allows the users within the meetme to accept or deny the join request, but anyone can dial and try to join.

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I don't mind using the WA. The question I had was is the WA configurable on a UC500, which uses Unity Express, not Unity.

Hi Justin,

The reason that this will not work with UC500 is that this feature is missing;

Under the "Gather Caller Information" section of the Call Handler check "Confirm" and "Ask Callers Name"

When callers go through the Unity Call Handler they are asked to record their name, when the caller is forwarded to the Meet-Me Conference the name is played and conference participants are asked to Press 1 to accept the call or Press 2 to reject the call.

CUE does not support this type of config :(

Hope this helps!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: