Views
Helpful
Replies

Loading Windows 2000 on a Cisco Server

kwaldecker
Level 1
Level 1

Hello there,

I have a MCS-7825-H1 Server. I want to load unity on it in a LAB environment. I know the Unity Platform CD's will not work on it (I have tried REV 16 and 17).

So i was going to load Windows 2000 server then patch it and load unity.

The problem I am running into is this. When Windows 2000 setup is running (after the part you select to do a new 2000 install or to fix a 2000 install)

I get the following error. "Could not detect the Hard Drive" and it prompts me to reboot.

I have been told that I get this message because i do not have the Array drivers.

I know this server is an HP DL320 G3 model. So i went to HP's website and downloaded all the drivers that they listed for this box. I then had the win2k installation use these files in the install.

Still I get the same error of not being able to detect the Harddrives.

Anyone else run into this before? I have the array created through the array utility and it says the drives are fine. So i am a loss right now.

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks!

2 Replies 2

e.huntley
Level 1
Level 1

I don't know if your server has a floppy or not, but if it does, you can get the RAID drivers and load them on floppy. Then at the boot screen when you are first loading Windows press F6. Win2k is bad about that. Otherwise, you need to find a platform disk for that particular server

yep, It does have a floppy. I did go to HP's website and downloaded all the drivers they had listed for the server ( had 7 different ones listed)

I did the f6 and added the drivers but none of them worked.

Does anyone have the drivers that they know would work with this one? none of the ones i found on hp seem to work.

thanks again :)