Bryant Advantage

Unanswered Question
Jul 23rd, 2007

Does anyone know how good The Bryant Advantage Ultimate CCNA study guide is?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 1 (2 ratings)
Pavel Bykov Mon, 07/23/2007 - 13:23

For me the best sources for self-study certification material were CiscoPress books.

Depth of information is very important if you want to build a thorough knowledge base, and CiscoPress always has adequate depth.

I'm not sure about your piece, but just make sure to avoid cheating places:

http://www.certguard.com/Testking-Sites-to-Avoid.asp

http://www.certguard.com/braindumps.asp

Good Luck.

ross_rulz Mon, 07/23/2007 - 17:36

Hey,

The Bryant Advantage offers the best study packages available on the market today. They are easy to understand and well written. I have passed my last CCNP exams (BSCI & BCMSN) with his study packages. Cisco Press is also good but sometimes can put you off as they go into alot of details.

To sum it up if you want an easy to understand material with real examples then I would advise you to buy his study package.

Hope this helps

Ross.

jaymichael0506 Mon, 07/23/2007 - 19:17

I passed all of my CCNP exams before the end of last year, using the Bryant Advantage study guides and I highly recommend them. They are well written, include lab manuals and they are very reasonably priced. Chris Bryant is a CCIE and an excellent instructor.

tsalera37 Wed, 07/25/2007 - 05:22

His subnetting lessons made the most sense out of all the ones I've seen before.

suelange Wed, 07/25/2007 - 08:41

I love BA. I failed my ICND using CiscoPress and Boson. bought the BA package for the CCNA just to get a handle on the advanced stuff and ACED the ICND.

I have started my CCNP and I failed the BSCI just today but I only had time to read the material once and I'm one of those folks that needs repatition, but my voucher was about to expire. If I'd had more time with his study guide I'm sure I'd have passed.

Main thing is, he has pod rental. you can't beat that. If you have test equipment fine but, if you don't this is the ONLY way to go. Dynamips is also good if you have access to cisco ios but if not, you need real access to real equipment and his (Chris Bryants) labs are terrific.

k9elfok9elfo Wed, 07/25/2007 - 16:28

bryant advantage has less info than cisco press and write it in such a way so stupid people can understand a few things

greekgeek Thu, 07/26/2007 - 05:26

k9...

I'm not sure why you have this perspective. I have the Bryant Advantage CCNA material and it won't help "stupid people" in any way. Chris writes for a technical audience in a straightforward way. He does assume the reader already understands the basics, as he should. I challenge anyone to find a study guide that is written more succinctly than Chris Bryant.

What's more, he offers a money back guarantee (30 day) as well as a guarantee that you will pass the CCNA before November 5, I believe, or he will give you a revised edition.

tobieverwey1 Fri, 07/27/2007 - 01:38

Pleople like you should not be allowed to participate in discussion forums like this.

Get over yourself

vazquez.jorge Fri, 07/27/2007 - 05:16

Wow, I was wondering the same thing about BA. I guess I will purchase the guides since they are so highly recommended.

Thanks,

JorgeV.

I am sure, no one will deny there are a lot of short-cut to get CCNA/CCNP/even CCIE. Bryant's can give somewhat help to enter into Cisco network field, then get a job.

In real world, customers, colleages or suppliers will only rely on Cisco doucumentation (even in this forum), especially in some argue when something cannot be done. So be prepare and work more on the search function in http://www.cisco.com after you passed your CCNA.

:)

Actions

This Discussion