Views
Helpful
Replies

PIX 515 and PIX 515E

Jouni Forss
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Just a couple of simple and quick questions for you. I have in my test use a PIX 515 and I noticed its out of date model that didnt even have info on it on Ciscos site (that i could find).

Is the only major difference between these 2 devices that PIX 515E is a enhanced version of the normal model when it comes to hardware specs?

If so does anyone of you know any good reviews/description (other than Ciscos own) of this model of PIX firewall that you could provide link for?

Do these 2 have any difference on the services that they provide?

Any help is appriciated

- Jouni Forss

2 Replies 2

JORGE RODRIGUEZ
Level 10
Level 10

Hi,

there are differences in performance, go over this link which will provide parallel information on both 515 and 515e

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2030/products_qanda_item09186a0080091b17.shtml

HTH

Jorge

Jorge Rodriguez

Thank you for the quick response!

I guess thats enough information on how the 2 devices vary from eachother.

Reason i asked this was that im currently doing my final work at school about small to medium sized company networks. I guess these networking devices are really out of date already. (Catalyst 3550 switch and Cisco PIX 515)

Though i guess the same things in these can be easily applied to the newer models on the market while also getting more addiotional services from the new models.

Thanks again,

Jouni Forss

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card