cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SSL VPN & IPSEC VPN TOGETHER

ciscors
Level 1
Level 1

The IPSEC VPN client is supposed to work at the kernel layer while the SSL VPN CLIENT (SVC) is supposed to work at the application layer.

Goal: SSL VPN into my ASA 5505 & establish a tunnelall policy to tunnel all traffic through my ASA5505 including Internet traffic (i've enabled same-security)

Now, after establishing this tunnel, I want to use Cisco's IPSEC VPN client to VPN into customer sites. However, as soon as I start it, all my SSL VPN client traffic doesn't pass through (not to corporate LAN or internet). It's almost like the ipsec client is interfering with the ssl vpn client.

Why is this happening? Is it normal behavior? I thought SSL VPN client operates at the application layer and when I start the ipsec vpn client, although it sits at the kernel layer, it should allow any upper-layer traffic through automatically

1 Reply 1

ciscors
Level 1
Level 1

Guys, I got this to work. It worked by itself but it's nice to see I'm able to tunnel the IPSEC inside the SSL session and get very low latencies too. It's not very consistent though

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card