Views
Helpful
Replies

Etehrchannel flags - Question

Fernando_Meza
Level 7
Level 7

Hi netpros,

Can you please help me understanding what could be causing a port on the etherchannel to appear as D when issuing the command show ether summ. NOTE: I have checked the configuration on both ends and it is exactly the same and the ports are physically connected.

access-1#show ether summary

Flags: D - down P - in port-channel

I - stand-alone s - suspended

R - Layer3 S - Layer2

U - in use f - failed to allocate aggregator

u - unsuitable for bundling

w - waiting to be aggregated

d - default port

Number of channel-groups in use: 1

Number of aggregators: 1

Group Port-channel Protocol Ports

------+-------------+-----------+-----------------------------------------------

1 Po1(SU) - Gi1/1(P) Gi1/2(D)

Your help is much appreciated !!!

3 Replies 3

kerek
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

Can you post the configs?

There are few things need to be identical on both sides when configuring etherchannel (same vlan, speed, duplex, if trunk same allowed vlans etc.)

Take a look to this link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3550/software/release/12.1_8_ea1/configuration/guide/swethchl.html

Hope it helps, rate if does

Kriszti?n

Hi .. thanks for your comments .. I have read that document before already. As mentioned in my original post the configuration on BOTH sides of the Etherchannel is exactly the same.

Have you enabled negotiation (pagp or lacp) or just turned on the channel group?

Is the disabled port in err disabled?

Did you get any syslog message?

Krisztian

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: