Helpful
Replies

Express 500 features

Goodday,

At documentation for Express 500 switch I couldn't find information about:

1) Are there strict + weighted round robin queuing algorithm at this switch;

2) Does it accept 802.1X with VLAN assignment

3) Does it accept 802.1X with Guest VLAN

4) How many instances can we configurateswitch for 802.1s?

We would like to choose correct Cisco switch.

Regards,

Mihail

5 Replies 5

royalblues
Level 10
Level 10

The CE 500 switch does support 802.1X and has RSTP enabled by default. But i think it does not support MST

Have a look at the data sheet

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6545/products_data_sheet0900aecd80322aeb.html

The 2960 seems to be the lowest end switch supporting MST

HTH

Narayan

Hi,

Thanks for your answer. In this datasheet I found, that Express 500 support 802.1X, but in User guide documentation I couldn't find, how I can configurate it.

As I understand from your answer, that this switch completely doesn't support 802.1X? do you worked with it or you only checked documentation?

I also think, that 2960 is better, but Express 500 is 3 times cheaper to us.

Regards,

Mihail

If you used Cisco Network Assistant or Cisco Configuration Assistant you can set the dot1x stuff up under the Network Security Settings. You have to drag the slider bar over to high security and it opens up the dot1x settings. It is pretty basic though. It appears to be an all or nothing setting so you can't set some ports to dot1x and other not.

And this will work separatly, without NAC? (802.1x) And I can specify separate Radius server there? And all autentification can work the same as in 2900 series switch without additional programms?

It does let you put in your own RADIUS server.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card