cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with VLAN Going in shutdown mode after power On

Surj1tKumar
Level 1
Level 1

I have one cisco switch series 3500 and I am facing the problem with the VLAN.

Once I configured it and saved all the config,and after that If I power off the switch and then again power on the switch ..its VLAN goes in shut down mode.I have rechecked it again all teh config and again made the VLAN no shut..and when Once again I did the same thing power Off and On the VLAN goes again in shut down mode..>can any one please help. It SW version is 12.0(5)WC13.

8 Replies 8

kerek
Level 4
Level 4

Is there any port belongs to that vlan? If not that might be a problem.

yeah we have few port is belong to that vlan

Hi

Can you post config of switch.

Is this switch acting as a layer 2 or layer 3 switch ?

Jon

IT is acting as layer 2.

kindly understand the things from the attached mail ..this is the switch swutc1..

waiting for ur response ASAP..JON

Are they up or admin down?

It is UP but..see if anytime the power goes off the VLAN goes in shutdown..and again through console we have to log in and we have to make it ..no shut..and it starts working..but again if we power off the switch again it goes in shutdown..then again we have to take to console and make it up

lordthyag
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Looking at the configuration file u have attached, i c a shutdown command at the end of the interface configuration

ur config:

interface VLAN2

ip address 10.30.130.101 255.255.0.0

no ip directed-broadcast

no ip route-cache

shutdown

- - - - -

Do a no shutdown to the vlan interface and then copy the config to startup config ... and then reboot ur switch and check ...

hope this helps u ....

as the switch is at customer end I will try this once i go ther and will let you know..

lets see if this works..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card