Views
Helpful
Replies

BAT 5.1 reset password/PIN

m.cucchi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I'm running this issues, the upgrade from 4.1.3 to 5.1.1 has resetting to custom choice the password and pin for all users. I wish to reimport the original password and pin for my 4000 users, but i have some problem to create a custom file that contain the right parameter. Someone can help me how to create this custom file ?

Any information is very appreciate.

Max

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Max,

My understanding of this is that if you are trying to use "Using a Custom File to Reset User Password and PIN" you can only reset them to default values :(

To locate users and to reset passwords and PINs to ***default values, you can create a custom file of user IDs by using a text editor.

So, in that case, I think you would have to Bulk Delete all the Users and then re-import them using the method below;

Users File Format

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tip: You must specify PIN and Password values, either on the CSV file or when using BAT for file insertion. If you want to apply individual PINs or passwords for each user or group of users, specify the PIN and password information in the CSV file. If you want to use a default PIN and password that all users can use, do not specify PIN or password values in the CSV file and instead provide this information when you use BAT to insert the CSV file in Cisco CallManager.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following sample format and examples show the fields, field length, and whether the field is optional or mandatory for a text-based CSV file for users.

First Name(Mandatory, 1 to 50 characters),Last Name(Mandatory, 1 to 50 characters),User ID(Mandatory, up to 30 characters),Password(Optional, up to 20 characters),Manager(Optional, up to 30 characters),Department(Optional, up to 50 characters),PIN(Optional, up to 20 numerals),User Device Profile(Optional, up to 50 characters),User Locale(Optional, up to 50 characters),Controlled Device Name 1(optional, 50 characters),Directory Number (Optional, up to 24 numerals and special characters),Controlled Device Name 2(Optional, 50 characters)

Keep in mind that you cannot enter values for Device Name2 without entering values for Device Name1.

Sample

John,Smith,johns,abc123de,karend,0012055,9989,johns profile,English

United States,SEP1231123245AB,9725557154,SEP0010EB001234

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_user_guide_chapter09186a00803f4f4a.html#wp1195399

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi, Its probably too late for you, however it might help someone else, but there is an application out there that can resolve the issue of the re-installing the original pin. When you upgrade or migrate from CCM4 to CUCM5 etc you loose the pin and password information.

Dominocomms have an applicaiton that can overcome that (search on google for it, there will be a link etc)

I have used the application and it works really well. Hope this helps someone

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: